FIVB World Championship 2017

Tuesday 5 February 2008

It's unbelievable, but Carlo Mach has left us

It's with a great sadness I heared that, two days ago, Carlo Mach went to sleep from which he should never stay up again.

Carlo was a real sportsman, with complete commitment and a perfect life discipline and this way the perfect example for the younger generation. Regardless of his numerous successes in Volleyball-Championship, he never showed the slightest sign of arrogance.

Besides his passion and quite legendary successes in Volleyball, he also was a great Beachvolleyballplayer.

Carlo, I am honored to have had the occasion to play against you on a Beachcourt. I appreciated a lot your discrete way and your friendliness.

I wish you a very sunny Beachcourt up there on cloud number nine.

To all the familiy and friends of Carlo, my sincere condolences and deepest sympathy.

1 comment:

  1. while surfing for some memories of my volleyball-carreer withe the Belgian womens-volleyteam now allready 30 years ago, I suddenly got confrontated with this foto of Carlo (still the same wonderfull eyes I had fallen for so long ago!!!)and then this terrible news!! I met Carlo for the first time in 1987 in Majorca at the european championship and have never forgotten him or will never forget him. My deepest condolens to his family and his friends, I can hardly imagine how much they all miss him still. After all this time I still have some pictures of him of the closing ceremony at that tournement, I'll try to post them to your blog.
    Greetings from Greta Vanmarsenille.
    gvanmars@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete